Thursday, October 21, 2010

What I am doing here and why

I am an avid reader of James Joyce (And more often than not I read more books then I can remember) I also happen to enjoyce him (get it?) there is something with Joyce that is... well easy for me to get into Finnegans Wake is as much my Bible as anything else.  
   What I will try to do is give you a glimpse into reading and understanding the Wake through stream or conciseness study words (i.e., I will give you a line I literally looked up at random and tell you what that particular line means to me). As for a profile picture for this blog; I don’t like pictures of myself in the flesh … I would really like that Page 30 (Here Comes Everybody) Illustration on Stephen Crowe’s Wake in Progress website (which gave me the idea to do this in the first place, Minus the illustrations I will link that site once I am not so busy fixing my own).
So, I hope you will see the blog; go “what the hell is “Television kills telephony in brothers' broil”. (Part:1 Episode:3 Page:52 ) and then I can only hope that this will make sense to you once you see where I’m coming from.

My key for the quotations that I use:
For Page: P
For the line it appears in : L
Quiet simple right?

No comments:

Post a Comment