Monday, November 8, 2010

Schizophrenic Languages and Study books!

‘(v. Some Forestallings over that Studium of Sexophonologistic Schizophrenesis, Vol. xxiv, pp. 2-555)’

                                   (P: 123 L: 17-19)

   Being the critical analyzer that I want to be, I immediately think of some huge expansive (or expensive) study book on Linguistics (a subject I wish to study, thanks to Joyce) and with that, stalling to get things done, I am very lazy.
   Now, being the critical analyzer that I should be, I would only focus on the combination of ‘sexo’ and ‘phonologistic’ and then go one to say that with this combination possible, sex and speech go hand and hand and can cause a schizophrenic rip between the two, and I would  then go on to say that ‘studium’ is a stadium of critical study...
But being the immature ‘Crit-Anal’ that I really am, I just shake my head, Laugh at Joyce’s words (in a manner he would find appropriate) and think upon one quote by Laurence Sterne:
    “Of all the cants which are canted in this canting world -- though the cant of hypocrites may be the worst -- the cant of criticism is the most tormenting!”

Study hard or not at all… which ever works!

No comments:

Post a Comment